By using a well thought-out mix of locations, capacity and facilities, Smulders Projects has optimally geared itself towards the production of foundations and towers for the on- and offshore sectors throughout the years. The machine park is continuously analyzed and, where necessary, improved to ensure a product has the shortest possible lead time with logistical efficiency. A flexible production process has been created with large capacity, quick response and delivery time of high quality products within Smulders.
A large part of these activities takes place at Smulders Projects Belgium, the production plant in Antwerp. It is here that the foundations and other large offshore structures are composed and painted using the pre-fabricated products realised by other companies of Smulders.
Because of its ideal location next to the Scheldt, finished products can be transported easily to their next destination.
- Hoisting capacity of a 650 ton portal crane covering a surface of 60.000 m² and two 240 ton overhead cranes with a combined capacity of 480 ton;
- Large production halls of 240 x 40 x 20 m and 320 x 46 x 36 m;
- Semi-automated blasting hall;
- High quality paint spray halls with controlled and conditioned environment air;
- Storage capacity of over 30.000 m², within reach of the portal crane;
- Connection of production location with an open river to the North Sea.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Since 2016, Smulders Projects has a yard in the United Kingdom. The production facility in Newcastle upon Tyne is mostly used for the production of jackets for offshore wind farms and other large offshore structures. The yard of more than 300,000 m² is located next to the Tyne.
In addition to the facilities which were already present, Smulders has also invested in additional lifting capacity in the form of 2 gantry cranes which each have a lifting capacity of 600 tonnes. Furthermore, there is a large ring crane with a lifting capacity of 3,200 tonnes.